You really do deserve to be happy today. Right now.
You don’t need to wait until you’ve landed the job or gotten the house or lost the weight, or achieved whatever other goal you’ve set for yourself.
You don’t need to earn happiness at all. You deserve it just because you’re here.
So, here are seven ways to be happier today.
In no particular order.
1. Savor your morning coffee. Or your afternoon tea. Or a piece of really good chocolate.
2. Buy yourself some flowers when you’re at the grocery store.
3. Stop what you’re doing to go outside and watch the sunset tonight. Bundle up if it’s cold. Snap a picture if it’s pretty. Full disclosure: it’s going to be pretty.
4. Take a break to take a walk this afternoon, or just go outside for a few minutes. Unless it’s raining. Or maybe even if it’s raining.
5. Listen to the music you loved as a teenager or from whenever in your life you remember being really happy. Let it transport you back to that time and that feeling.
6. Smile or laugh at something today. You can find something, trust me.
7. Grab a pen and paper and jot down three things you’re grateful for right now. Gratitude really does make you happier.
tweetables:“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” (~Dalai Lama)
Enter your email above to subscribe & receive our free ebook "magic gratitude"